Ms. Sofia Tsokani is PhD student and Research Associate in the Department of Primary Education in the University of Ioannina. She holds a Master’s degree in Statistics and Operations Research from the Mathematics Department in the University of Ioannina. Her research interests focus on statistical modelling for meta-analysis and network meta-analysis.
Ms. Sofia Tsokani holds a BSc in Mathematics (completed in June 2015) and a MSc in Statistics and Operations Research (completed in December 2017) from the Mathematics Department of the University of Ioannina. Her Master thesis has title “A review on methods for handling missing data” and conducted under the supervision of Prof. Dimitris Mavridis.
Her research interests focus on systematic reviews, and statistical modelling for meta-analysis and network meta-analysis. In particular, she is interested in developing statistical models for network meta-analysis with complex interventions.
Research Key words
- Systematic reviews
- Statistical modelling for meta-analysis
- Statistical modelling for network meta-analysis
- Complex interventions
- Veroniki AA, Tsokani S, Agarwal R, Pagkalidou E, Rücker R, Mavridis D, Takwoingi Y. Diagnostic test accuracy network meta-analysis methods: A scoping review and empirical assessment,
Journal of Clinical Epidemiology, 2022, https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jclinepi.2022.02.001.
- Veroniki AA, Tsokani S, White IR, Schwarzer G, Rücker G, Mavridis D, Higgins JPT, Salanti G. Prevalence of evidence of inconsistency and its association with network structural characteristics in 201 published networks of interventions. BMC Medical Research Methodology. 2021 25;21(1):224. doi: 10.1186/s12874-021-01401-y.
- Dautzenberg L, Beglinger S, Tsokani S, Zevgiti S, Raijmann RCMA, Rodondi N, Scholten RJPM, Rutjes AWS, Di Nisio M, Emmelot-Vonk M, Tricco AC, Straus SE, Thomas S, Bretagne L, Knol W, Mavridis D, Koek HL. Interventions for preventing falls and fall-related fractures in community-dwelling older adults: A systematic review and network meta-analysis. Journal of the American Geriatric Society. 2021;69(10):2973-2984. doi: 10.1111/jgs.17375. Epub 2021 Jul 28. PMID: 34318929.
- Tsokani S, Antoniou SA, Moustaki I, López-Cano M, Antoniou GA, Flórez ID, Silecchia G, Markar S, Stefanidis D, Zanninotto G, Francis NK, Hanna GH, Morales-Conde S, Bonjer HJ, Brouwers MC, Mavridis D. Guideline Assessment Project II: statistical calibration informed the development of an AGREE II extension for surgical guidelines. Surgical Endoscopy. 2021 Aug;35(8):4061-4068. doi: 10.1007/s00464-021-08604-w. Epub 2021 Jun 22. PMID: 34159464.
- Tsokani S, Mavridis D, Hajibandeh S, Hajibandeh S, Antoniou GA, Andreou A, Antoniou SA. An observational study of missing data inquiry from randomized trial authors showed a poor response. Journal of Clinical Epidemiology. 2020;119:19-25. doi: 10.1016/j.jclinepi.2019.11.014. Epub 2019 Nov 25.