Dimitris Mavridis is an associate professor of statistics in the Department of Primary Education in the University of Ioannina. He holds a PhD in Statistics from the Athens University of Economics and Business and he has worked as a forensic statistician in the School of Mathematics in the University of Edinburgh. His research interests focus on statistical methods for evidence synthesis. He is interested in statistical models for publication bias, missing data and network meta-analysis. He is a statistical editor for Evidence Based Mental Health and principal investigator for work packages in two HORIZON2020 projects (OPERAM and COMPAR-EU)
I studied Statistics at the Athens University of Business and Economics where I also took my PhD in 2006 titled `Goodness-of-fit measures and outlier detection in Latent Variable Models with categorical and Mixed data’ under the supervision of professor Irini Moustaki. I worked in forensic statistics in the School of Mathematics in the University of Edinburgh from 2006 to 2009 under the supervision of professor Colin Aitken. Since 2010, I’ve been working in the Department of Primary Education in the University of Ioannina.
My research interests include methodology for evidence synthesis with a particular focus on network meta-analysis. I am particularly interested in developing methods for handling missing data and accounting for publication bias in meta-analysis models. I am a statistical editor for Cochrane Developmental Psychosocial and Learning Problems Group and statistical editor for the series ‘Statistics in Practice’ in the ‘Evidence Based Mental Health’ journal
Research key words
- Evidence synthesis
- Network meta-analysis
- Publication bias
- Missing data
- Structural Equation Modeling
- Mavridis D, White IR. Dealing with missing outcome data in meta-analysis. Research Synthesis Methods. 2020 Jan;11(1):2-13. doi: 10.1002/jrsm.1349
- Mavridis D, Porcher R, Nikolakopoulou A, Salanti G, Ravaud P. Extensions of the probabilistic ranking metrics of competing treatments in network meta-analysis to reflect clinically important relative differences on many outcomes. Biometrical Journal. 2020 Mar;62(2):375-385. doi:10.1002/bimj.201900026
- Chaimani A, Porcher R, Sbidian É, Mavridis D. A Markov chain approach for ranking treatments in network meta-analysis. Statistics in Medicine. 2020 Oct 26. doi: 10.1002/sim.8784.
- Mavridis D, Salanti G, Furukawa TA, Cipriani A, Chaimani A, White IR. Allowing for uncertainty due to missing and LOCF imputed outcomes in meta-analysis. Statistics in Medicine (to appear).
- Mavridis D, Moustaki I, Wall M, Salanti G. Detecting outlying studies in meta-regression models using a forward search algorithm. Res Synth Methods. 2017 Jun;8(2):199-211.
- Mavridis D, Giannatsi M, Cipriani A, Salanti G. A primer on network meta-analysis with emphasis on mental health. Evidence Based Mental Health 2015;18(2):40-6.
- Mavridis D, White IR, Higgins JP, Cipriani A, Salanti G. Allowing for uncertainty due to missing continuous outcome data in pairwise and network meta-analysis. Statistics in Medicine 2015;34(5):721-4. Epub 2014 Nov 13.
- Mavridis D, Welton NJ, Sutton A, Salanti G. A selection model for accounting for publication bias in a full network meta-analysis. Statistics in Medicine 2014;33(30):5399-412.
- Mavridis D, Ntzoufras I. Stochastic search item selection for factor analytic models. British Journal of Mathematical and Statistical Psychology. 2014;67(2):284-303.
- Mavridis D, Sutton A, Cipriani A, Salanti G. A fully Bayesian application of the Copas selection model for publication bias extended to network meta-analysis. Statistics in Medicine. 2013;32(1):51-66.
- Mavridis D, Salanti G. A practical introduction to multivariate meta-analysis. Statistical Methods in Medical Research. 2013;22(2):133-58.